General – Car Rental FAQ.
- How do I rent a car with MMI Empire ? What if I need a car urgently?
Feel free to use our secure online booking form here. If you need a car urgently, call us now at 6019 802 8007 to make an express booking!
- How long will it take for MMI Empire to respond to my booking?
We process bookings within 24 hours and no later than 36 hours. If you do not receive any response within 36 hours, contact us now.
- How many days in advance at minimum do I need to book my car?
The minimum you need to book is 24 hours subject to availability. However, we recommend booking earlier to avoid disappointment. You can also secure a better rate when you book early with us.
- Can you deliver my rental car to a hotel?
Yes, we can deliver the vehicle to your hotel for a small fee. This is dependent on the distance to the MMI Empire office. Speak to us for more details!
- How do I change, amend or cancel my booking?
Once a booking is confirmed, you can modify or cancel your booking by accessing your booking through the reservation number given to you.
- Can I pay by cash?
No. Online booking can only be charged to a credit card (Amex/ Visa/ Master). No Cash rentals will be entertained. If you dont have a credit card or online banking, you can contact us directly to arrange a cash payment booking.
- What types of credit cards are accepted?
We accept all major types of credit cards – American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diner’s Club.
- Is a deposit required?
A refundable deposit will be taken from the hirer for security purposes.
General – About Malaysia – Must Knows
- Individuals with an International Driver’s License can drive in Malaysia.
- Holders of a Commonwealth country license are also permitted to drive in Malaysia.
- If the individual have none of the above but possess a Driver’s License in Romanised letters that is readable, it can accepted as well.
- However, should an individual possess a Driver’s License in non-Romanised letters (ie. Mandarin, Japanese, etc), they will either need to prepare an International Driver’s License prior to arrival or get the license translated.
- In Malaysia, we drive on the left side of the road. This means the driver is seated at the right side of the car.
- Malaysian speed limits vary. Kindly take heed of the various signboards during the drive. As a general rule, the limit on highways is 110km/h. Non-highways is 80km/h.
- Seat belts are compulsory.
- Always ensure that you leave ample time to reach your destination, and keep yourself hydrated and comfortable on the road.
- Malaysia is a tropical country. This means we are hot and humid all year round, with plenty of tropical rain. Be sure to slow down and put on the headlights in the middle of heavy rain.
- Rest stations are available throughout the country if the driver needs a break.